Monday, September 1, 2014

Everything Happens For A Reason

Hello family! 
         And hello September! How crazy is that?! This week was a craaaazy one. Really. We were pooped. But that means we were working hard so I’m happy about it :)
         We started with two intercambios... In a row. Ask me how that was? BAD. Bad idea, Hermanas. Bad idea. I was with my favorite, Hermana Stringham though. Yay! We decided we bring out the worst in each other and just make each other trunky, talking about how much we miss Taylor Swift lol. She cracks me up. We were, at one point, talking about how crazy Peru is and how it’s sometimes hard to feel the Spirit at sacrament meeting here with the kids screaming and all the craziness and she goes, "Ya know what? I think it might be because they just don’t sing very pretty here..." I just started laughing, but she was being totally serious haha. It is true though... Maybe a piano would help??
         Then on Thursday, President came to our ward council, which was great. We NEVER have had a ward council with everyone there. There’s a lot of weeks when we don’t even have it, but when everyone found out President was comin, they were there (on time, I may add...) and ready to go. It was great! Now they know what it should be like every week. We’ll see if they show up this week ;) 
         We also had interviews with President and Hermana Rowley. They are seriously two of the coolest people I know. I know I shouldn’t say my mission president and his wife are "cool" but really. They are. I always come away feeling so great! This time President and I were talking about plans for after the mission and he told me, "The way a missionary ends their mission tells me a lot about who they really are. It says a lot about their character. I’ve seen missionaries just take a break the last 6 months, and that’s when I see who they truly are." He is the best! He always knows how to help me just keep going. 
         This week we also washed motos for hours :) That was fun! We washed their motos for free and they gave us their address so we can visit them. Good trade, right? Right! 
         Saturday guess which member visited people with us?! Sandra! It was so great! She’s now finding names of her ancestors to go the temple in November! YAY!
         Jefferson is also getting baptized this Saturday, which is Hermana Rivera’s birthday. :) It should be a fun week filled with cake, eggs, and food because that’s all they do for birthdays here :) I already planned an egging with the Elders today and we all egged Hermana Rivera :) On the plus side, it’s good for her hair :)
         We also found a new investigator, Omar. Pray for him yeah? I don’t have much time left to tell more but we’ll see what happens this week :) 
         This is also the last week of this transfer. It’s always hard when transfers come around, but everything that happens, happens for a reason. I’m just beyond grateful for the people I’ve met here and the eternal friendships I’ve made. Peru and its people are the best. There’s nothin like it :)
         Hope you all have a great week! Love you all SO much!

Love,
Hermana Roper



























No comments:

Post a Comment