Monday, May 5, 2014

Ants Ants EVERYWHERE!


Helloooo everyone! 

         One transfer down in Sullana! I’m still here with Hermana Callizaya :) I’m grateful for the transfer we had and we´re ready to work even harder this transfer.
         This week was suuuuper busy. We were in Piura every stinking day! Wednesday I got to see Hermana Arce!! :) We were here in Sullana in an exchange and it was the best ever. I’ve missed her! We had lots of fun :) She’s one of the funniest people I know! One bummer though was that I totally got us lost haha. I knew it would happen sooner or later. But I preferred later :( I don’t know what happened but we ended up not arriving to an appointment because smarty pants Hermana Roper had no idea where we were... In my defense it was dark! And all the streets look the same! It was a good time though :)
         Then Friday we had another exchange and I was in Micaela Bastidas with Hermana Millano from Salt Lake. Once again, SO fun! She is so great! We had a blast. And the best part: She does hair! And she brought all her haircuttin stuff here! So of course I asked her to fix the horrible haircut I got here haha. Gotta love the perks of bein a sister training leader ;) It was a good time though, and I learned so much from her. 
         Our investigators are also doing great. What’s sometimes a bummer is that with exchanges sometimes I miss out on lessons, and it’s hard to know how they’re doing. We just end up trying to fill each other in on what’s going on in the area when the other ones away. This week Jesus and Moises came to church with their mom!! Yay!! And she loved it! :) Okay... She was almost sleeping in Relief Society, but, let’s be honest, the lesson was a little dull Sunday haha. Even Hermana Callizaya was a little sleepy, so we´ll cut Hermana Luz a break ;) It was so great to see her there though with her sons :) SO great! Tonight we´re gonna try to set a baptismal date with her :) 
         We also found a new investigator this week. Her name’s Claudia. She is 21 I think. Her husband just died 4 months ago. He was with another girl in a hotel and ended up shooting himself. Claudia´s sad, but she’s more hurt than anything. She said she’s forgiven him now because he died, but she’s really hurting that he would do that to her. She is now left with her two kids and just needs peace. That’s what she told us she wants. She is loving everything though, especially the Plan of Salvation. She is so anxious to know more! Lessons with her are a little crazy cause her family isn’t as accepting, but she’s super great. It’s sad to see how hurt she is, but we know all she needs is the gospel :)
         Reyneri also got baptized yesterday. I felt the Spirit SO strong! She came out of the water and just hugged her mom and it was just great. It’s great to see how her decision to be baptized is changing her mom as well.
         Funny story about the baptism. Well, we decided it´s not a baptism without cake, so we bought one. Well we set it in the kitchen and went to do something for only like 5 minutes, no lie. Well we come back and there were ants EVERYWHERE! They’re fast little buggers, sheesh! We didn’t know what to do. It was a huge cake. So we decided a little protein couldn’t hurt and served the cake anyway... Yep. That’s how we roll. And not one person noticed. That’s what I’m talkin about haha! I swear it’s impossible to have a baptism without something happening... But what’s important is that Reyneri is happy and that one more person entered into the waters of baptism :)
         Yesterday I also really loved testimony meeting. One RM was sharing his testimony and I loved it. He said, "I started my mission believing something, and came home knowing." It’s so true! A testimony isn’t gained in one day. It’s something that we have to strengthen every single day, and then one day we´ll look back and realize we not only believe, but we KNOW. I know God loves us. I know we have the truth. And I know there are so many people out there waiting to find what we have. I’m so grateful for the mission because I not only believe now, I know. :) 
         Hope you all have a great week! I am beyond excited to see you all Sunday!!! :D See you soon! :)

Love,
Hermana Roper  










No comments:

Post a Comment