Monday, May 12, 2014

Fear Is Good


Helllloooo :) 
         Long time, no talk eh? ;) It was seriously SO great to see everyone! I have the best family! You are all still as amazing and hilarious as I left you haha. Hermana Callizaya was like, "Your family is crazy!" Yep. But that’s why I love you all. :)
         It was a great week! My favorite week in Sullana. It’s definitely a week I´ll remember. I already told you all a little last night about the Cisneros Family, but I´ll explain a little better now. Okay so Jesus and Moises are getting baptized Sunday and allllll week we just kept thinking we needed to challenge their mom to baptism. I don’t know what happened, but we left every lesson without doing it! We had no idea why it was so hard! Well, we invited her to an activity (the talent show) and she came. Not only did she just come, but also her daughter, son-in-law, and granddaughters. She didn’t invite her husband cause she thought it was just for moms haha but next time. But it was great! They all stayed till almost midnight dancing and had a blast. 
         Well, we went back yesterday to visit and seriously, Hermana Luz pretty much attacked us haha. She was SO happy! I’ve never been hugged to the point I couldn’t breathe, but it was pretty close. Biggest hug EVER! And she wouldn’t let go! She just kept saying, “Thank you thank you thank you!” Then when we finally all get sat down she goes, "I’m convinced! Before I was 80% sure, but now I’m 100% sure. I’ve known a lot of churches, but I’m gettin on this ship! This is my last time." Ahhhh! :) She also said she´ll never forget her chocolate and milk ha! Her chocolate is Hermana Callizaya and I’m the milk :) Wait... I think I told you that yesterday... Oh well. It was funny :) 
         Then, not only did she want to be baptized, but also her daughter wants the lessons. I already told you that she has to get married first, but she said she’s determined to get married and baptized before transfers which is June 16th :) Best thing ever! (Besides getting to talk to all of you, of course...)
         On the other hand, Ana is still confused. She said this week she’s scared to make the wrong decision. She’s scared she’s gonna regret it. We´ll get her though. Give us time :) 
         I’ve been thinking a lot this week about what Hermana Ana said though. She just kept telling us she’s so scared. It made me think a lot about how I made the decision to come on a mission. Pretty sure you all remember how I just couldn’t make up my mind haha. But I remember feeling the same. I was so scared I was going to make the wrong decision! I hate making decisions! But it’s a decision I´d make a hundred more times. It’s been so worth it. I remember a quote that mom sent me that says, 
     
     "This is the part where I’m supposed to tell you it’s not scary. Well, it is. But fear is normal. Fear is good. It just means you’re growing." 
  
          It’s so true! If we never do anything that scares us we´re never gonna grow.   We´re never gonna receive the blessings God has waiting for us either. He wants to bless us, but we have to take that leap of faith and trust Him. When we get over our fear and just move forward with faith, He is there waiting with more blessings than we can even imagine. I can testify of this because I’ve experienced it. I can’t imagine the blessings I would have missed out on if I would have made the decision to stay home. I’ve had experiences and met people that are irreplaceable and that never would have happened at home. Fear is good. It just means we´re growing. Once we put our fear aside, we WILL be blessed and we´ll be stronger. :)
         Again, it was SO great to see you all! Hope you have the greatest week! Love you all SO much! 

Love,
Hermana Roper 






No comments:

Post a Comment