Monday, March 31, 2014

One Week Down in Sullana!


Hello there family! :)
         Week one down in Sullana! They weren’t lying when they said it was hotter... WOW. I haven’t slept too much this week... Waaaay too hot for that. But everyone says summer ends in May so we’re gettin closer haha. But I’ve loved this area so far :) Love the people I’ve met and my companion. She is the sweetest thing in the world. She leaves me chocolates a lot so she’s pretty easy to love ;) I’ve already learned so much from her. This will be a good area. I know it. 
         My first two days in Sullana there was absolutely no water. Nothin! You could say we were quite smelly... So that was fun! But after that, Sullana has been great. The ward has been so welcoming! I actually had one lady pinch my cheeks like I was a baby and say, "Awww a little gringa!" Yep... They love their gringa so far haha.
         Another ward member was super funny too. Her name’s Zully and she helps us a lot. She said, "When they told me a gringa was comin I was sad. The gringas never understand my jokes and never laugh! But you’re funny. You laugh.... A LOT!" I’m not sure if that’s a good thing haha but we really laugh so much. NUNCA! ;) Love you mom haha. 
         I’ve already met so many great people. This week we’ve been teaching Jesus and Moises a lot. They’re two brothers 13 and 14 years old. Moises just showed up to seminary and was going for like two weeks when they found out he wasn’t a member. Of course we jumped right on that! Jesus is also going to seminary now and came to church yesterday for the first time :) Jesus told us he has his answer and wants to be baptized. We’re just waiting for Moises to recognize his answer, but he loves everything about the church.
         Ricardo is also another. He needs prayers! If he could he would be baptized tomorrow, but his mom said he can’t until he’s 18. He is one of the greatest kids I’ve met here. He reminds me of Tyson. Such a good kid. It’s super hard to find here. Everyone is into drugs and alcohol and he is just disgusted by how the world is. He’s so so great! Pleeeease pray that his mommy will come around :) 
         Like I said earlier, I’ve already learned so much from my companion. She and her sister are the only members in their family. It was really hard for her to leave everything and be here, but she did it. She’s scared to end the mission because she will literally have nothing when she goes home, but she has so much faith. I learned how blessed I really am from her this week. Saturday we were talking about mom because it was her birthday. and I was talking about her the way I always do. How she’s my best friend and how much I miss her and she looks at me with tears in her eyes and says, "All I want is one day to have my daughter talk about me the way you talk about your mom." I’m so grateful for you mom :) And I hope you had a great birthday :) Love you!
         This week the craziness begins though. I’ll be in Piura all day tomorrow for a training and again Wednesday. Then I’ll know a little more about what I’m supposed to do. I’m nervous!
         This week I was able to meet a new sister that’s in our zone. Hermana Garner is the cutest!!!!  I just love her! It was so funny. She comes up and says, "Not gonna lie. I’ve totally read your blog. You’re like a celebrity in my house. I’m writing home and telling my family I met Sister Roper!" haha. She is with Hermana Rios in her first area, and I know how hard it is. We're assigned to help them and then four other companionships. I haven’t met the others yet. I don’t know how I’m supposed to do it! Really. We’ve just had to keep saying this week that God trusts us so somehow we're gonna do it. We might not know how right now, but it’ll be a learning experience for sure! 
         Welp I’m out of time :( Love you all so much! Have a great week! :)

Love,
Hermana Roper



No comments:

Post a Comment