Monday, November 11, 2013

His Plan Is Perfect


Familiaaaa :) 

       Everything is just great here :) Sadly, we didn’t have7 investigators at church, but we had 3 so it was still good. It was Diana, Gabriel, and Edwin. Okay update on Diana and Gabriel... Or D and G as I call them. D has her answer! We went to see them Wednesday and Gabriel wasn’t there so we just talked with her. She has her answer!! She told us that she knows it’s true, but she doesn’t want to do it alone. She wants for Gabriel to have the same desires. He drinks a little bit, and doesn’t want to give it up, and she won’t marry him until he does soooo that’s just great. But man, she’s doin great. It’s been so great to watch her change! She went from hating the church (a RM got her sister pregnant if you remember) to loving it! She has such a determination to go to church every week and I know her example will lead the way. Their family is having a hard time right now though. They can’t find any jobs. Gabriel had an accident in moto (moto accident) and had to quit his job and now they can’t find anywhere to work. They have no money, and are just livin day to day. It’s so hard to watch! Today we bought them some food and are gonna fill a box and doorbell ditch em :) They need all the prayers they can get! Thanks for all the prayers already. I know they’re heard because Diana has her answer! Can’t even thank you enough :) I just love this family so much. After all they’ve been through, they just have this faith that is amazing. 
         Edward, on the other hand, not only has problems with the Word of Wisdom, but with Chastity too. Talk about an aca-awkward lesson yesterday lol. I’m pretty sure the flies in the room could feel the awkwardness.... 
         We also met Edwin’s wife... Also awkward. She’s 42... He’s 29.... Yeah. Not quite sure what to say, because she’s pretty against the whole thing, but he wants to be baptized more than anyone I’ve ever met! 
         We have another investigator named Liniker too and wow he’s had it hard. We taught him the plan of salvation this week. He’s 23 I think, and lives alone. His mom died a few years ago and he’s really struggling, but doesn’t admit it. He’s kinda just livin in the moment.  saddest thing. We asked him what he wanted most in his life and what his plans were and he basically said, "I don’t have plans. I’ve learned not to make plans. I had plans with my mom, and they obviously didn’t work out. I don’t know what I want now." So sad! He’s trying so hard to be strong. 
         I’ve also been teaching English this week and it’s sad, but I honestly can’t talk in straight English anymore lol. It’s been interesting to say the least... 
         Now for my embarrassment yeah? Okay were contacting people in the street this week, and we’re just talking and explaining a pamphlet and the lady straight up pulls down her pants and squats and starts peeing! Right there in front of us! I was honestly just thinking, "This can’t be happening, this can’t be happening...." But it happened. Nolie. Wow. Definitely not gun shy...
         And...drum roll please...Guess who gets to see Russell M. Nelson on the20th?! This girl! And 500 other missionaries haha but still! We’re headed to Chiclayo as a mission to hear him :) It will be great! 
         Another great week here though. I love Piura Central. All of the missionaries talk about how difficult the area is because of the money, but I love it so much! Just because there’s a lot of doors slammed in our faces, doesn’t mean there’s not people here prepared to hear the gospel. Just gotta find em. I’m sad to see this transfer end, but I know everything happens for a reason :) 
         I know this church is true. I know it without a doubt. I’ve had prayers answered too personally to deny it. God loves each and every one of us. His plan is PERFECT. He never leaves us alone. When we feel alone, it’s because we have forgotten to turn to Him. His love is perfect. 
         Love you all so much! :) Have a great week :)

Love,
Hermana Roper










No comments:

Post a Comment